For His Glory!
We are calling him Savior but we are not calling him Lord.
The above comment was made in response to one of the reasons we may be suffering. If this is true, we can find Scripture to back up this statement. Our human tendency is to blame our problems on circumstances outside our control. If we are experiencing difficulties in our walk with YHVH(LORD) we need to start by examining ourselves.
Jeremiah understood this and proclaims:
Lamentations 3:40Let us examine and probe our ways, And let us return to the LORD.
Paul tells us we may be experiencing great difficulties by not examining ourselves. Especially when we are renewing our covenant with the Master.
1Corinthians 11:28-30But a man must examine himself, and in so doing he is to eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For he who eats and drinks, eats and drinks judgment to himself if he does not judge the body rightly. For this reason many among you are weak and sick, and a number sleep.
Galatians 6:4But each one must examine his own work…
1Thesslonians 5:21But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good;
The Psalmist and Jeremiah cry out for YHVH to do the examining:
Psalm 26:2Examine me, O LORD, and try me; Test my mind and my heart.
Jeremiah 12:3But You know me, O LORD; You see me; And You examine my heart’s attitude toward You…
When we belong to Messiah, He will judge us for our own good, because He loves us and wants us in His family. However I believe it would be better if we could be pro-active in this area; consider how the Apostle Paul puts it:
I Corinthians 11:31-32But if we judged ourselves rightly, we would not be judged. But when we are judged, we are disciplined by the Lord so that we will not be condemned along with the world.
In examining ourselves, what are we to look for?
2 Corinthians 13:5Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you…
Here we have the answer. Have we humbled ourselves so the Almighty Elohim(God) can renew our mind and form Messiah in us?
Galatians 4:19My children, with whom I am again in labor until Christ is formed in you— (Here it means, until Christ reigns wholly in your hearts; till you wholly and entirely embrace his doctrines; and till you become wholly imbued with his Spirit. Barns commentary). (…to be made new creatures, or new men in him; or, in other words, to have the principle of grace wrought in the soul, which goes by the name of Christ formed in the heart; because it is from him, he is the author of it, and it bears a resemblance to him, and is that by which he lives, dwells, and reigns in the souls of his people. Gill commentary).
Colossians 1:27to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
If we are just calling Yeshua (Jesus) our Savior and not yielding to Him as Master of our life we could indeed face a real judgment. Let us examine, test, and probe ourselves, call out to Him to examine us so we will not be condemned with the world. However there are many reasons for suffering for Messiah’s sake. Do not be discouraged, believe that He is with us and desires for us to be in His Kingdom and have His righteousness.
Hebrews 11:6And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.
Proverbs 2:1-5 My son, if you will receive my words And treasure my commandments within you, Make your ear attentive to wisdom, Incline your heart to understanding; For if you cry for discernment, Lift your voice for understanding; If you seek her as silver And search for her as for hidden treasures; Then you will discern the fear of the LORD And discover the knowledge of God.
We are told here the sure way to the Knowledge of Elohim. By making Him master of our life we need not be concerned about the judgment of YHVH.
"Our mission statement acts as a guide that unifies and directs all that we do." Stephen R. Covey
Each should have their own mission statement. It should be first and foremost in line with our Master’s will and command.
Matthew 6:33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
I personally subscribe to this one. I believe He should be my goal. How about you?
In our pursuit of humility:
"If once we learn that to be nothing before God is the glory of the creature, the spirit of Jesus, the joy of heaven, we shall welcome with our whole heart the discipline we may have in serving even those who try or annoy us." Andrew Murray
When we learn to be nothing and allow the Spirit of Yeshua to dwell within we can have the joy of knowing we can serve those who try us. Yeshua (Jesus) said: John 15:20 "Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A slave is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also."
Hopefully the persecution we receive is the result of Yeshua living His life through us. If He is truly our Master and we are like Him, we can learn to serve, because He said: Luke 22:27 "I am among you as one who serves"..
You Should Know
These little simple questions are harder than you think--it just shows you how little we pay attention to the common place things of life.
Can you beat 18?? (The average is 7) Answer and check answers (on the bottom).
1. On a standard traffic light, is the green on the top or bottom?
2. How many states are there?
3. In which hand is the Statue of Liberty's torch?
4. What six colors are on the classic Campbell's soup label?
5. What two letters don't appear on the telephone dial?
6. What two numbers on the telephone dial don't have letters by them?
7. When you walk does your left arm swing w/your right or left leg?
8. How many matches are in a standard pack?
9. On the United States flag is the top stripe red or white?
10. What is the lowest number on the FM dial?
11. Which way does water go down the drain, counter or clockwise?
12. Which way does a "no smoking" sign's slash run?
13. How many channels on a VHF TV dial?
14. Which side of a women's blouse are the buttons on?
15. On a NY license plate, is New York on the top or bottom?
16. Which way do fans rotate?
17. Whose face is on a dime?
18. How many sides does a stop sign have?
19. Do books have even-numbered pages on the right or left side?
20. How many lug nuts are on a standard car wheel?
21. How many sides are there on a standard pencil?
22. Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc. Who's missing?
23. How many hot dog buns are in a standard package?
25. On which playing card is the card maker's trademark?
26. On which side of a Venetian blind is the cord that adjusts the opening between the slats?
27. On the back of a $1 bill, what is in the center?
28. There are 12 buttons on a touch tone phone. What 2 symbols bear no digits?
29. How many curves are there in the standard paper clip?
1. Bottom 2. 50 3. Right 4. Blue, red, white, yellow, black, gold 5. Q, Z 6. 1, 0 7. Right 8. 20 9. Red 10. 88 11. Counter (north of the equator) 12. Towards bottom right 13. 12 (no #1) 14. Left 15. Top 16. Clockwise as you look at it 17. Roosevelt 18. 8 19. Left 20. 5 21. 6 22. Bashful 23. 8 24. Did you notice there wasn't one? 25. Ace of spades26. Left 27. ONE 28. *, # 29. Three
As the crowded airliner is about to take off, the peace is shattered by a five-year-old boy who picks that moment to throw a wild temper tantrum. No matter what his frustrated embarrassed mother does to try to calm him down, the boy continues to scream furiously and kick the seats around him.
Suddenly, from the rear of the plane, a man in a Marine uniform is seen slowly walking forward up the aisle. Stopping the flustered mother with an upraised hand, the courtly, soft-spoken Marine leans down and, motioning toward his chest, whispers something into the boy's ear.
Instantly, the boy calms down, gently takes his mother's hand, and quietly fastens his seat belt. All the other passengers burst into spontaneous applause.
As the Marine slowly makes his way back to his seat, one of the cabin attendants touches his sleeve. "Excuse me, sir," she asks quietly, "but could I ask you what magic words you used on that little boy?"
The Marine smiles serenely and gently confides, "I showed him my pilot's wings, service stars, and battle ribbons, and explained that they entitle me to throw one passenger out the plane door, on any flight I choose."
F A M I L Y
We were very polite, this stranger and I. We went on our way and we said good-bye.
But at home a different story is told, How we treat our loved ones, young and old.
He walked away, his little heart broken. I didn't realize how harshly I'd spoken.
While I lay awake in bed, God's still small voice came to me and said, "While dealing with a stranger, common courtesy you use, but the children you love, you seem to abuse.
Go and look on the kitchen floor, You'll find some flowers there by the door.
By this time, I felt very small, And now my tears began to fall. I quietly went and knelt by his bed; "Wake up, little one, wake up," I said. "Are these the flowers you picked for me?"
He smiled, "I found 'em, out by the tree. I picked 'em because they're pretty like you.
I said, "Son, I'm very sorry for the way I acted today; I shouldn't have yelled at you that way."
He said, "Oh, Mom, that's okay. I love you anyway."
I said, "Son, I love you too, and I do like the flowers, especially the blue."
1. The kingdom of God - Acts 1:3
2. The healing ministry - Luke
3. Zarephath - 1 Kings 17:9-10
4. He made Cornelius get up - Acts 10:25-26
5. Seven years old - 2 Kings 11:21
6. Bilhah - Genesis 35:25
7. King Ahab - 1 Kings 22:30
HOME : FEEDBACK